To speak with a representative directly, call (844) 810-0383
- Get a Free Quote - No Hidden Fees
- Avoid the Tax Penalty
- Get Answers to Your ObamaCare Questions
- Speak to a Live Person
(Operators available 9am-9pm EST)
People who have insurance tend to take it for granted until they need it. If you have insurance premiums withdrawn from your paycheck, you may not focus on this pretax premium payment. Then the cost of deductibles and premiums can be staggering when having to pay these obligations upfront or straight out of your parents Chet. Some people cannot afford to do this. Then may simply chose to go without health care coverage. People who cannot afford insurance or have incomplete insurance live on a precipice that does not seem necessary or moral in these modern times. This is was the Obama Health Care plan was developed and was passed. There are many types of insurance to select from when deciding on coverage. The site can give you a detailed summary of insurance plans. Some are:
- HMO- Health Maintenance Organizations-May limit coverage to providers inside their own networks. A network is defined as a health care provider, a hospital or health facility, or a list of doctors in the plan. With the HMO plan if you go outside the list of providers, you may be forced to pay full cost of the service rendered. HMO participants have a primary care doctor and need a referral from him or her for a visit to a specialist.
- EPO-Exclusive Provider Organization-The same plan as the HMO plan, but no specialist referral is needed.
- PPO-Preferred Provider Organization-The plan gives you a choice of selecting care within or outside of the provider network. You will have to pay more for out-of-network health providers. You can visit any doctor without need for a referral.
- POS-Point-of-Service Plan-Like a PPO plan, but if you plan to visit a provider out of the provider network, you will need a referral first.
- HDHP-High Deductible Health Plan-A plans with lower premiums and much higher deductibles that your average insurance plans. As of 2013, the plans have a minimum deductible of $ 1250.00 annually and for an individual. The family coverage minimum is $ 2500.00 annually. You can use a health savings account, or a health reimbursement plan to pay for out-of-pocket health expenses. This consequently, may lower your taxes owed.
- Catastrophic Health Insurance Plan-This plan covers essential health benefits, but has an extremely high deductible rate. The plan will not provide coverage for shots or prescription drugs. In the marketplace, this plan is only available for people under the age of 30 and offered to some low-income people who qualify. Those who have the catastrophic plan are not eligible for a lower price on monthly insurance premiums or out-of-pocket expenses.
There are four insurance plans through Obama Care. They are called the Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum Plans. The plans are tiered and responding to the value of the metal they are named after. Insurance Plan
Health Insurance Cost Through Obama Care
The cost of the plan will depend on the plan you chose for you and your family. A break down of the plans are here. READ MORE
Medicare Supplemental Insurance
A purchased from private company Medicare supplement, often called Medigap, can help pay some medical expenses that Medicare will not cover. This can be a lifesaver for the elderly or lower income citizen not insured. It is important to know all that you can about Medicare and Medigap health care programs and assistance. READ MORE
Senior Health Insurance
Medicare is not a component of the Obama marketplace platform. Seniors are important, and therefore there are programs designed to give coverage to seniors. They certainly are not left out of the health care plans. Please do not think you are losing any coverage due to the Obama Care health plan program either. READ MORE
Penalty for No Health Insurance
The goal is for ultimately, by 2016, all American citizens to have health care coverage. It is important to the well being of American citizens to be covered. The plans are designed for the people. If you do not have insurance coverage in 2014, you may have to pay a fee. READ MORE